Let’s look at the sublimation photo mug and the range available at Australian Photo Supplies.
What Is Sublimation Coffee Mug, And How Do You Do IT?
Specialised cups made for printing and customisation are called sublimation coffee mugs. These mugs have been treated and have a glazed ceramic surface that is great for holding onto sublimation inks and prints. Sublimation printing has recently generated a lot of attention in the crafting community.
So, a sublimation photo mug is the best option if you want to create a promotional item or gift that is going to have good use and longevity for your customer.
Can We Use Any Mug For Sublimation?
Sublimation mugs have a special coating that allows the ink to bond with the mug. Without this coating, sublimation printing would not be permanent.
The ink is transferred to the mug using a sublimation printer, and then the mug is heated. This causes the ink to change from a solid to a gas, bonding with the coating on the mug. So look for mugs with sublimation coating for perfect results at Australian Photo Supplies.
Types Of Sublimation Photo Mugs
Every coffee lover has a collection of sublimation coffee mugs. If you are one of those coffee lovers, then you are fond of coffee mugs too. So, if you’re in search of the latest mugs for your collection, look no further than these different types of sublimation photo mugs at Australian Photo supplies.
- White Sublimate Mug
- Electroplated Mug
- Coloured Sublimation Mug
- Personalised Travel Coffee Mug
- Glass magic Mug
- Sublimation Glitter Mug
- Customised Coffee Mug With Picture.
What Supplies Do You Need To Sublimate Mugs?
First, you must understand that dye-sublimation is a pretty simple digital printing technique that can be used to adorn a variety of objects.
Now, note down what you need to sublimate a mug: a dye sublimation printer (this must be an inkjet printer), dye sublimation ink (only use this type of ink in your sublimation printer — normal ink won’t work!), sublimation paper; thermal adhesive tape, and a heat press for mugs.
Which Sublimation Printer Is Best For Photo Mugs?
When it comes to desktop sublimation printers, you have two options: buy a dedicated sublimation printer or modify an inkjet desktop printer.
Sawgrass printers are the most often used speciality sublimation printers.
Another choice is the recently released Epson SureColor F170 Dye Sublimation Printer, which was designed to work with dye sublimation inks.
Tips For Successful Mug Sublimation
- Ensure that the photo you choose is clear, and bear in mind the dimensions of the photo mug.
- Always use a mug that has been designed for sublimation, is uniformly white in colour, and has no cracks or imperfections.
- The most critical stage in the process is when the image is fixed to the mug using thermal tape. Care must be taken to ensure that it is in the right place and has no creases. If the paper is not stuck firmly enough, you won’t get satisfactory results.
- Ideally use a specific Mug Press, this will allow you to adjust time, temperature and pressure, which in turn will produce a quality finished mug.
- You can also use a conventional oven but please don’t use an oven you plan to cook food in later! The mug should only be placed on the plate when it has warmed up. Remember, too, that if you are working in a very cold or damp environment, the iron will need a little more time to heat up.
- When you’ve finished, don’t cool the mug using cold water unless it’s made of ceramic; if it’s made of glass, it may shatter.
5 Things You Must Know Before Sublimation Printing Mugs
- Keep a sharp eye on the heat press temperature and timer when the mug is in the roller heat printing machine.
- Apply sublimation tape on the mug tightly; otherwise, it may cause shaded photo printing.
- Do not pack the heated mug on the plastic cover; it may melt, and leave it till the cold.
- Keep printer ink tanks sufficient in colour while in use for colour accuracy.
- Make sure the inks are within their “best buy” dates as inks do have a shelf life.
- Before getting a sublimation print, check out the sublimation printer head producing ink properly.
Use Sublimation Printing With Cricut Mug Press
Let’s make our mug!
- Activate your Cricut Mug. In order for it to warm up while you prepare your mug, press. Green will appear on the light.
- By using a lint roller, clean the cup. Any lint or dust particles might sublimate and create stains on the cup.
- If necessary, cut your design to suit your mug, then place it in the centre and secure it with heat-resistant tape.
- Tape all of the edges to ensure that nothing moves as it is placed into or removed from the mug press.
- Before pressing, wrap your cup in two pieces of sublimation paper and secure them with tape. When the heater is prepared, place your cup inside, then depress the lever.
- When it beeps, carefully remove the cup by lifting up the lever. Wait 20 minutes while putting it down on a heat-resistant surface before touching it.
Are Sublimation Mugs Dishwashers Safe?
Sublimation mugs have a special coating that allows for vivid photos and long-lasting prints. However, if you think that sublimation mugs are dishwasher-safe mugs? Then, the answer is YES. At Australian Photo supplies, you can find mugs that are dishwasher-safe mugs.
The sublimated coating on the mug should hold up for many years of being washed in the dishwasher. To help prevent fading, it is best to place the mug far away from the heat source when washing in the dishwasher. With proper care, your sublimation mug should last for many years.
Sublimation Printing: A Cost-Effective Solution for Custom Designs
Sublimation printing is a process that is gaining popularity in the printing industry due to its cost-effectiveness and versatility. The sublimation printing process involves printing a design onto a transfer paper using special sublimation dyes. The transfer paper is then placed onto the item to be printed, and heat is applied, causing the dyes to transfer onto the item in a permanent and high-quality manner. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of sublimation printing and how it can meet your specific printing requirements.
The Sublimation Printing Process
Sublimation printing is a digital printing process that uses heat to transfer dye onto a variety of materials, including ceramic mugs, t-shirts, and phone cases. The process involves printing a design onto transfer paper using a digital printer and special sublimation dyes. The transfer paper is then placed onto the item to be printed, and heat is applied, causing the dyes to sublimate and bond with the item’s fibres.
Dye Sublimation Printing vs. Traditional Printing
Dye sublimation printing has several advantages over traditional printing methods. Unlike traditional printing, sublimation printing produces a permanent and high-quality image that does not fade or peel over time. Additionally, sublimation printing allows for full-colour designs, whereas traditional printing methods may be limited in the number of colours that can be used.
Custom Sublimation Transfers
Sublimation printing allows for custom designs to be printed onto a variety of materials, making it a versatile solution for businesses and individuals with specific printing requirements. Custom sublimation transfers can be used to create personalised gifts, promotional products, and more.
Sublimation printing is a cost-effective solution for custom designs, particularly for small to medium-sized orders. Unlike traditional printing methods, sublimation printing does not require expensive set-up costs or minimum order quantities. This makes sublimation printing an affordable option for businesses and individuals with specific printing requirements.
In conclusion, sublimation printing is a versatile and cost-effective solution for custom designs. The sublimation printing process uses special sublimation dyes and heat to transfer a design onto a variety of materials, producing a permanent and high-quality image. Custom sublimation transfers can be used to create personalised gifts, promotional products, and more. Contact Australian Photo Supplies today to learn more about how sublimation printing can meet your specific printing requirements.
Sublimation printing lets designers get creative thanks to its ability to print high-quality, complex designs. The process is also ideal for short runs, making it suitable for eCommerce store owners who want to sell their designs without investing in stock up-front.
Remember that to print sublimation on mugs, they must have a certain coating. These mugs are manufactured with a unique coating. They cannot be coated by you.
If you’re looking for sublimation photo mug printing, then Australian Photos Supplies has got you covered! Visit our one-stop destination, and get your film stock right away! It’s time to print your moments with Sublimation printing.